Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Internship Readiness


Being the first to find out what internship I am attending is really exciting for me and has really changed my mindset and my ability to cope in the business world environment.  Entering my internship the first thing that I would to display my skills on is my excellent customer service and the ability to do many tasks that my manager asks me on a computer. The reason for this is because I have had many wonderful opportunities to represent Year Up in many ways, and by showing off my skills towards my internship will give me a chance to learn and be open-minded on new ideas. One of the questions I plan on asking my manager is what roles that I am required to do, and what will be a typical day like in our work environment. The kind of office environment that I would enjoy working around is enthusiastic, and being around colleagues with positive energy every day. I also enjoy working in groups because I love to hear everyone’s idea and to be able to present a presentation as one. I am also nervous about how I will adapt to different tasks given to me, is going to be Too hard? Too easy? I am also nervous about how am I going to impress my manager, I don’t want to seem like I know everything, but I also don’t want to seem like I don’t understand anything.  How I plan to stand out in my internship is doing excellent in all my work, asking open-ended questions on things I don’t understand, and communicating with all the people that may be in my department. In the end I just hope I leave a good impression on everyone at my internship and hopefully get offered a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment