Monday, December 5, 2011

Best/Worst Job

The best job I’ve ever had was volunteering at the Dunsmuir in Oakland California. The Dunsmuir was a historic Mansion built back during slavery, the mansion was owned by the White Europeans, and slaves were kept upstairs and were servants to their masters. My position there was a personal assistant event planner, and what I did there was plan for weddings, proms, receptions, and concerts. I had multiple responsibilities such as making sure our customers had tickets for which ever event at the ticket booth, making sure tables were set nicely for the weddings in our pavilion, cleaning the bathrooms, and setting chairs outside for outside events. The mansion was set for Christmas activities for the children and adults to come out and watch movies. This job was so enjoyable because I was volunteering with my sister and a guy named Chris. We had the most fun anyone could have at a job. During someone’s reception my sister and I would be dancing on the grounds to the music while putting up the chairs. My co-worker Chris would take me on a ride every night on his Suzuki Motorcycle to check the grounds. I developed my communication skills, learning how to be patient, and working at a faster pace. It was a very ephemeral job, but I really enjoyed it.

The worst job I’ve ever had was working at senior home as a waitress. My responsibility was taking orders, bringing out food, and cleaning up the kitchen. I disliked this job because elderly people can become a little mean and have their days and dealing with this it interfered with my work ethics. I’ve dealt with this because I had to make money, so out of this work experience I learned how to communicate with words and what words are appropriate to use in a work environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment