Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Plus/Delta of Module 1

The things I learned from Module 1 about myself is being able to understanding the different utilities of a computer, I thought I was computer savvy before starting Year Up, but I learned a lot of things such as different operating systems and why is it so important. I was actually surprised at myself for participating in discussions I thought I would never be apart of, so with that said I was proud of myself, and also being able to communicate with others about my knowledge of computers and apply it to myself. A couple things I wasn't proud of was not being able to take time out and study for tech quizzes, or exams. I did well on all of my quizzes but I didn't understand the material that well, I just remembered from the book. I think if I was to at least take time to process the information a little more I would be on the same page as everyone else. Being here has really boosted up my professional, and listening skills, I've already knew how to code switch in a professional environment because I was raised to do so, so that is also one thing I am proud of.

The things I need to work on to grow as a professional is my writing skills, sometimes when writing I get stuck to where I lose track on what I am suppose to be writing and I lose focus on the subject. Also my grammar plays a role in my writing, I seem to not go over what I've written at times and when someone reads it, it makes no sense to me and I get so upset at myself because I didn't catch it. I've also been informed of a growth area to take more leadership in my community. It seems to be in me but I am afraid to take that spotlight and not doing things well for my community. Also my organization has gotten out of hand this module because of so much work, so I need to be more organized of my work and environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment